I went back to my Oenothera plant over the weekend and experimented with my SB600 speedlight in slave mode. These pictures were shot with the external flash roughly at right angles to the camera. The results are interesting!!
I didn’t have to work too hard to get a black background in either of these pictures due to the positioning of the external flash. I also notice that the colours are less harsh now that the light is not parallel to the lens. Compare with the earlier post on the same flowers.
1/160 f/9.0 (Top) 1/200 f/9.0 Nikon D80 105mm f/2.8 Sigma macro lens SB-600 Speedlight Flash Post-Processed in Adobe Lightroom 4.1
- Evening Primrose – on black (juridicious.com)